Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Miami Hurricanes 2008 Football schedule

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Miami Hurricanes 2008 Football schedule

    Aug. 28 Charleston Southern (Thu.)
    Sept. 6 at Florida
    Sept. 20 at Texas A&M
    Sept. 27 North Carolina
    Oct. 4 Florida State
    Oct. 11 UCF
    Oct. 18 at Duke
    Oct. 25 Wake Forest
    Nov. 1 at Virginia
    Nov. 13 Virginia Tech (Thu.)
    Nov. 20 at Georgia Tech (Thu.)
    Nov. 29 at NC State


    I don't like the opener, I would have rather had a D1 school in that slot to open up Dolphins Stadium with rather than Charleston Southern. This slot initially had North Texas in it, but they backed out and we had to fill it with someone.

    2 tough road games next, back to back, with UF & TAMU. I think we split those as long as we don't come out of UF with a bunch of injuries. This team's too young to win in Gainesville this year, but it will be good experience going from that to College Station--I think we can beat TAMU just as easily at their place as we did last year in the OB.

    From there, I think we can win 5 straight--with the biggest landmine being FSU. If we can be 7-1 headed into UVA, I feel momentum may help us avenge the 48-0 closing of the OB last year--but for now, I'm calling it a loss. 7-2 coming home to play against an almost equally young VT who lost a lot of key guys to graduation last year. I'm predicting that as a win right now...and it is early for that, but it's the best guess I've got here in February.

    8-2 going against GT and NCSU on the road, I feel GT will be a close game but NCSU will not be. I'm predicting both of those as wins.

    10-2 (7-1), and assuming UVA loses 2 in conference play (which I think they do--last two of the year, at home to Clemson and at VT), Miami will be headed to the ACC title game and playing against Clemson. I see Clemson winning that matchup if it happens.

    VERY preliminary guesses on my part there. I'll likely change my mind both ways by 2-3 games after spring practice starts.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami Hurricanes 2008 Football schedule

    not by a long shot

    i see 5 wins again

    no matter how you want to look at it......a team that is going to rely on alot of true and RS frosh to make an impact is not going to win 10 games.......not even close

    find me one team in the modern CFB era to have as many true and RS frosh have to carry the load ours are expected to, that has won more than 75% of its games

    ive looked and couldnt find any
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami Hurricanes 2008 Football schedule

    I'm an optimist bro...what can I say. I think worst case scenario we lose 4-5 games. I don't see us going 5-7 again.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami Hurricanes 2008 Football schedule

    i would think 5-7 is probably worst case scenario......realistically......i see 7-5

    i just think there are going to be too many growing pains especially in the tough games early on to really be able to play at that level

    i just want to see the opposite of what we saw last year......i want to see us get better from one week to the next......and at the end of the year to be a better team than we were in the beginning

    i want to see some of these young kids show signs of adjusting to the college game and becoming ball players

    im not expecting much record wise........but from the devleopment aspect this year is going to be very big
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami Hurricanes 2008 Football schedule

    I give us a bit more of a spread between worst/best cases...I'm thinking worst case is 6-6 and, what I predicted, 10-2 being absolute best case. UNC/FSU/Wake/VT are all swing games. I feel the rest are pretty concrete wins & losses as I predicted--but if those 4 games become losses, then we're 6-6, which is a definite possibility w/all the youth we'll be relying on. Who knows though--too early to tell much of anything.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami Hurricanes 2008 Football schedule

    We finish 6-6, IMO. However my friends, 2009 will be our year.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 13th, 2006
    Posts
    1,245
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami Hurricanes 2008 Football schedule

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would think 5-7 is probably worst case scenario......realistically......i see 7-5</div></div>

    hello Emerald Nuts Bowl !!!
    [img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Miami Hurricanes 2008 Football schedule

    Here is a look at FSU's schedule.
    I'm actually glad to see a couple cupcakes for once [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    Starting the season against Miami or Clemson didn't work out very well.

    9/6 WESTERN CAROLINA
    9/13 UT-CHATTANOOGA
    9/20 WAKE FOREST
    9/27 Colorado (Jacksonville)
    10/4 @Miami
    10/11 Open week
    10/16 @NC State (Thurs night)
    10/25 Virginia Tech
    11/1 @Georgia Tech
    11/8 Clemson
    11/15 Boston College
    11/22 @Maryland
    11/29 Florida
    12/6 ACC Championship Game

    I think FSU could very well be 4-0 headed to Miami, which will be exciting. The Noles never win on Thursday night, maybe this is the year. The second half will tell the tale for the Noles season. They should be favored in 3 or 4 of the games, with the others being close, except Florida who will prolly make it 5 in a row.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •